November General Meeting
Venture Challenge Competition!
November 8th, 2012 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
520 Elliot Street Charlotte NC, 28202
Let’s make this one to remember and prosper from!
We here at the INotC and Enventys have made a deal with the Charlotte Research Institute and Venture Challenge, so that you can pitch your invention to judges and investors and get your invention career started or just get some extra capital for the already seasoned inventors product.
What: INOTC Member Pitch Competition
When: November 8th, 2012 (6:30pm to 8:30pm)
Who: INoTC Members
All INoTC members are invited to pitch their inventions to a panel of Charlotte Venture Challenge experts. We encourage everyone to take this opportunity to gain experience giving a brief Rocket Pitch. This is a public venue so if you have not filed with the patent office yet you probably should not be pitching.
Pitch Presentation Guidelines
Each presenter will have 3 minutes and 3 slides to pitch their invention/technology. The presentations will be made to a panel of judges. The judges may or may not be able to ask questions depending on how much time we have available for everyone. The audience will also be asked to participate by providing feedback to those people pitching.
- Slides: 3 Slide Max (Must use PowerPoint and the 3 slides includes the title slide)
- Slide 1: Technology/Invention (Briefly describe who you are and what the invention is and does)
- Slide 2: Market (What markets can this be used in and what problems can it solve)
- Slide 3: Opportunity (Where do you see the biggest opportunity and what do you need to go after it)
Questions from panel: Expect to be asked at least 2 questions
Slides are due 11/6/2012 by 11pm. Please email them to Devin Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you please include your name in the file name.
- November 8th Logistics at Enventys
- 6:30pm – Sign-In and Overview
- 6:40pm – Introduction of Judges
- 6:45pm – Pitches Begin (The number of pitches will determine whether we do questions)
TBD – Feedback Sessions
We will announce the teams selected to present at the Charlotte Venture Challenge Pitch Day on December 6th 2012 the following week. All teams will be notified of their status via email.
It is important that you email or call Devin to let him know that you want to do a presentation !!!
Devin A. Collins
Assistant Director Business and Entrepreneurial Development
UNC Charlotte | Charlotte Research Institute
David H. Murdock Core Laboratory Bldg. – Suite 3333
150 Research Campus Drive | Kannapolis, NC 28081
Phone: 704-250-5753 | Fax: 704-250-5763
– It can not be over stated the importance of the beginning stages of the commercialization for product developers. Having a product is only the 1st stages in the process. To get feed back from judges that understand the business is worth its weight in gold in more than one.
– If you are not wanting to present for the competition feel free to just watch, bring guest or bring your product or sketches to share during the networking time.
– Collectively when we network, mountains can be moved!
– Through creativity, we can develop a civilization worth living in!
– When we commercialize, we give our value and vision to the world!
Network, Develop, Commercialize