6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
520 Elliot Street
Charlotte NC, 28202
Greetings Product Developers/Inventors.
The MAY meeting is going to be important for sure. We will be extending the subject from last month about intellectual property and get focused mainly on patents.
Memm Wiggins and Blake E. Vande Garde will be teaming up on the subject of patents.
Blake E. Vande Garde
Blake has extensive experience in the preparation and prosecution of trademark applications in both the United States and abroad. Blake’s experience also includes evaluation and advisement regarding trademark oppositions and cancellations before the United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
He has managed the patent and trademark portfolios for clients in both the United States and abroad as well as facilitated the management of outside counsel in the preparation and prosecution of foreign patent and trademark applications.
Mr. Vande Garde has experience in infringement evaluations and the litigation of patents in addition to the drafting and negotiation of nondisclosure, joint development and technology licensing agreements.
- University of Kansas (B.A. Human Biology, 1995)
- University of Kansas School of Law (J.D., 2001)
- Mr. Vande Garde was invited to join the Project for Innovation, Energy and Sustainability (PiES) Advisory Board in 2011 and currently serves in that position. PiES is a public-private partnership which provides assistance to local entrepreneurs in the commonly needed realms of business growth and development; technical assistance; funding and marketing.
- Mr. Vande Garde has been a strong supporter of the Charlotte Biotechnology Conference for which he has participated as a judge in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 2011 and 2012.
- Mr. Vande Garde has also been a strong supporter of the Five Ventures Conference for which he has participated as a judge, mentor and panelist in 2008, 2009, 2010 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- Mr. Vande Garde was a panelist (Avoiding Patent Disasters and Keeping Investors Happy) at the NC Nanotechnology Commercialization Conference in the spring of 2011.
- Blake also participated as a panelist (Impacts of Micro-Nanotechnology on Energy & Energy Technology) at the Commercialization of Micro-Nano Systems Conference in Greensboro, North Carolina during the summer of 2011.
Licensed to practice:
North Carolina, Kansas, and Missouri; U.S. Patent and Trademark Office; admitted to practice before U.S. District Court – Western District of North Carolina, District of Kansas, Western District of Missouri.
Memminger E. Wiggins, PLLC, is a boutique intellectual property law firm limiting its practice primarily to those areas of law that include patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. Memminger E. Wiggins, PLLC, was founded with the goal of providing clients prompt, professional, but yet personal, legal services. The firm is committed to providing only the highest quality of legal services for its clients regarding their intellectual property needs.
Memminger E. Wiggins began practicing law in 1996 after graduating from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School, located in Lansing, Michigan. The goal from the beginning was to provide prompt, professional, but yet personal, legal services to his clients. His law practice can be considered a “boutique” law firm in the sense that he limits his practice of law primarily to just those areas of law that include patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D.
- Clemson University, Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology
- LICENSES AND BAR ADMISSIONS
- North Carolina State Bar
- South Carolina State Bar
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States District Court District of South Carolina
- United States Tax Court
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS / MEMBERSHIPS
- North Carolina State Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Union County Bar Association
- York County Bar Association
- Oconee County Bar Association
- Richland County Bar Association
- Carolina Patent Trademark and Copyright Law Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Association of University Technology Managers
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
Memminger E. Wiggins, PLLC
13850 Ballantyne Corporate Place, Suite 500
Charlotte, NC 28277
- This meeting cost $20 for guest
- Now that we are at the middle of the year, the dues are prorated at 40$ for the remainder of the year.
- Check and Cash are accepted.
- Thank you once again for supporting the INotC.
- Collectively when we network, mountains can be moved!
- Through creativity, we can develop a civilization worth living in!
- When we commercialize, we give our value and vision to the world!
Network, Develop, Commercialize
We look forward to seeing you.
Building info: If you have not been to our meetings before, the building is located at the end of Elliot street on the right. Then you go through the fence and down the driveway. The front door is located on the left side. Once you go in follow the hall way to the end then go through the door and turn left to the meeting room door.
President – Brian James
Flourish and Prosper
We look forward to seeing you.