June General Meeting
6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
520 Elliot Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
Patrick Oltmanm will be speaking at the June meeting about his experience in the
mold-less plastic manufacturing company Click-Fold and how 3D design and printing
integrate into their industry.
Feel free to visit Patrick’s company ClickFold on the web.
Bio: Patrick Oltmanm
- Grew up in Kenya while his father worked for the U.N.
- Served in the German Army as a helicopter mechanic
- Studied mechanical engineering in Germany
- Took on a technical sales and project management role for a plastics machinery
manufacturer (Barmag AG)
- Moved to Charlotte in 1995 to become the sales manager for their U.S. subsidiary
- Completed Wake Forest’s Charlotte MBA program in 1999
- Started ClickFold Plastics in 2000 after negotiating a license agreement with a
German company to use their technology
Click Fold Overview
- This “mold-less” technology uses CNC machining and CNC line-bending to make plastic
parts without the need for molds or fixtures
- 3D Printing
- The business model targets buyers of prototypes and small volumes who need custom
designs on a budget
- The technology also targets buyers who anticipate frequent design changes
- Added digital printing capabilities in 2010 to further eliminate the need for silk
- Recipient of a NC workforce development grant in 2011
- Surpassed 1 million in annual sales in 2011
- Sponsor of the Ronald McDonald House
- Sponsor of the Experimental Aircraft Association’s Young Eagles Program
Last Meeting (May)
Bo Helmrich is an evangelist of 3d scanning technology, all things 3d, and good
craft beer. He has a mechanical engineering degree from Clemson University, and
is currently one of the co-founders of Digitize Designs. Bo has helped implement
3d scanning solutions for many companies across the US ranging from large manufacturers,
to the military, museums, doctors, universities, and even video production studios.
Always remember to invite friends or business associates which would benefit from INotC. Collectively we have a deep wealth of knowledge as a group. Invite other inventors, engineers, entrepreneurs, financiers, professors, manufactures and anyone else that would enjoy the process and business of product development. Knowledge is power!!
- This meeting cost $20 for guest or $75 for the entire year.
- Check and Cash are accepted.
- Thank you once again for supporting the INotC.
- Collectively when we network, mountains can be moved!
- Through creativity, we can develop a civilization worth living in!
When we commercialize, we give our value and vision to the world! Network, Develop, Commercialize We look forward to seeing you Building info: If you have not been to our meetings before, the building is located at the end of Elliot street on the right. Then you go through the fence and down the driveway. The front door is located on the left side. Once you go in follow the hall way to the end then go through the door and turn left to the meeting room door.
INotC Website President
Flourish and Prosper