April General Meeting
6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
520 Elliot Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
We have a returning guest speaker this month. The company he represents has become a very important resource for the INotC and the Charlotte area. For our April 9th 2015 general meeting we will be visited by Jared Hopkins from Reynold Advanced Materials. They are a plastics distributor in Charlotte NC. They have everything you need for prototyping with plastics and molding, with a great show room here in Charlotte. There will be demonstrations of simple plastics molding at the presentation. This is in many cases, the simplest way to do basic prototyping for product development.
Jared Hopkins Bio:
Jared is a 2002 graduate of the Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, SC. After USC he held a variety of positions in both the real estate and the packaging industries. In 2004, he just happened to talk to an old family friend that had a resin and silicone distribution company. They were looking for a sales representative and he was looking for an opportunity. He has been in the resin plastic and elastomer business ever since! He brings over six years of out-side technical sales and two years of inside technical support to the seminar. This experience along with many trade shows and hands on seminars in fields as diverse as concrete construction and medical simulation to machine tooling and prototyping always make for an interesting hands-on demonstration.
Reynolds Advanced Materials
3406 Green Park Circle
Charlotte, NC 28217
Toll Free: 877-327-8789
Speaker: Patrick Oltmanns, CEO of ClickFold
Patrick’s company and services will assist the invention knowledge for the group on the subject of prototyping and short run manufacturing. His company is local and he will be bringing many samples to share with the group in person.
Feel free to visit Patrick’s company on the web:
- Grew up in Kenya while his father worked for the U.N.
- Served in the German Army as a helicopter mechanic
- Studied mechanical engineering in Germany
- Took on a technical sales and project management role for a plastics machinery manufacturer (Barmag AG)
- Moved to Charlotte in 1995 to become the sales manager for their U.S. subsidiary (American Barmag)
- Completed Wake Forest’s Charlotte MBA program in 1999
- Started ClickFold Plastics in 2000 after negotiating a license agreement with a German company to use their technology
Click Fold Overview
- This “mold-less” technology uses CNC machining and CNC line-bending to make plastic parts without the need for molds or fixtures
- 3D Printing
- The business model targets buyers of prototypes and small volumes who need custom designs on a budget
- The technology also targets buyers who anticipate frequent design changes
- Added digital printing capabilities in 2010 to further eliminate the need for silk screens
- Recipient of a NC workforce development grant in 2011
- Surpassed 1 million in annual sales in 2011
- Sponsor of the Ronald McDonald House
- Sponsor of the Experimental Aircraft Association’s Young Eagles Program
Patrick Oltmanns, contact data
1-866-649-8665 x 701
Always remember to invite friends or business associates which would benefit from INotC. Collectively we have a deep wealth of knowledge as a group. Invite other inventors, engineers, entrepreneurs, financiers, professors, manufactures and anyone else that would enjoy the process and business of product development. Knowledge is power!!
-This meeting cost $20 for guest or $75 for the entire year.
-Check and Cash are accepted.
-Thank you once again for supporting the INotC.
-Collectively when we network, mountains can be moved!
-Through creativity, we can develop a civilization worth living in!
When we commercialize, we give our value and vision to the world! Network, Develop, Commercialize We look forward to seeing you Building info: If you have not been to our meetings before, the building is located at the end of Elliot street on the right. Then you go through the fence and down the driveway. The front door is located on the left side. Once you go in follow the hall way to the end then go through the door and turn left to the meeting room door.
INotC Website President
Flourish and Prosper